- Harlem is a large black neighborhood in New York City. Since 1920s, it is known for American American business center, cultural and resident area. A mass migration of blacks began in 1904 to Harlem.
- Harlem Renaissance was an artistic movement that flourished in the 1920s and early 1930s
- This movement promoted a sense of pride in the black community and gave voice to the desire of blacks at last to achieve equality in the U.S
- A new generation of young writers, famous black artists groups and artists like Langston Hughes took ownership of a movement called the Harlem Renaissance
- The Harlem Renaissance still have a huge impact on the present day.